You can return the product without providing a reason within 30 days.
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Nasopharyngeal Swab) is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in nasopharyngeal swab specimens from individuals with suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection in conjunction with clinical presentation and the results of other laboratory tests.
Results are for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 Antigens. An antigen is generally detectable in upper respiratory specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results indicate the presence of viral antigens, but clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status. Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions. Negative results should be treated as presumptive and confirmed with a molecular assay, if necessary for patient management. Negative results should be considered in the context of a patient’s recent exposures, history and the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is intended for use by trained clinical laboratory personnel
The novel coronaviruses belong to the β genus. COVID-19 is an acute respiratory infectious disease. People are generally susceptible. Currently, the patients infected by the novel coronavirus are the main source of infection; asymptomatic infected people can also be an infectious source. The main manifestations include fever, fatigue and dry cough. Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia and diarrhea are found in a few cases.
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Nasopharyngeal Swab) is a qualitative membrane-based immunoassay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 Antigens in human nasopharyngeal swab specimen. SARS-CoV-2 antibody is coated in the test line region. During testing, the specimen reacts with SARS-CoV-2 antibody-coated particles in the test. The mixture then migrates upward on the membrane by capillary action and reacts with the SARS-CoV-2 antibody in test line region. If the specimen contains SARS-CoV-2 Antigens, a colored line will appear in test line region as a result of this. If the specimen does not contain antigens to SARS-CoV-2, no colored line will appear in the test line region, indicating a negative result. To serve as a procedural control, a colored line will always appear in the control line region, indicating that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
The test contains anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody as the capture reagent and anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody as the detection reagent.
- This package insert must be read completely before performing the test. Failure to follow directions in package insert may yield inaccurate test results.
- For professional in vitro diagnostic use only. Do not use after expiration date.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke in the area where the specimens or kits are handled.
- Do not use test if pouch is damaged.
- Handle all specimens as if they contain infectious agents. Observe established precautions against microbiological hazards throughout in the collection, handling, storage, and disposal of patient samples and used kit contents.
- Wear protective clothing such as laboratory coats, disposable gloves and eye protection when specimens are assayed.
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- Please ensure that an appropriate amount of samples are used for testing. Too much or too little sample size may lead to deviation of results.
- Viral Transport Media (VTM) may affect the test result; extracted specimens for PCR tests cannot be used for the test.
- The used test should be discarded according to local regulations.
- Humidity and temperature can adversely affect results.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
Store as packaged in the sealed pouch at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C). The test is stable through the expiration date printed on the sealed pouch. The test must remain in the sealed pouch until use. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
SPECIMEN COLLECTION, TRANSPORT AND STORAGE